Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wedding & Portrait Conference, London


I was delighted to be invited to speak at the Society for Wedding & Portrait Photographer's convention last week in Hammersmith, London on my journey so far as an award-winning photographer. My two 2-hr long seminars were full and I have been humbled by the positive response by email and telephone since I arrived home.

Overall, the 2010 Convention was a veritable feast of education with seven days of action packed programmes designed to help photographers put their imagery ahead of the game. The three day Trade Show spanning the Friday to Sunday was a gathering of the who's who in the photographic industry with the ‘big guns’ present and eager to showcase the latest in technology and design.

The lecturing programme covered a superlative blend of classes covering business advice, wedding photography, portraiture, wildlife, maternity, natural history, landscapes, nature, fashion, events, architectural Interiors, sport, lighting techniques, Photoshop, babies, music, digital workflow…


It was also a great surprise and honour to find I was in the top three for Children's Photographer of the Year with the above image of beautiful Olivia....!! All in all, I had a fabulous time, and enjoyed meeting new friends and catching up with those I've known for some time. I am home inspired and ready to shoot!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home