Wednesday, January 21, 2009

London Adventures and Accolades



I've just returned from the SWPP Conference (Society for Wedding and Portrait Photographers) in London. Over 12,000 people from all over the globe attended and it was brilliant to meet up with the creme-de-la-creme of the photography world! An awards dinner was held on Sunday night and I was amazed to find that I'd been shortlisted for two of the national prizes. Out of over 16,500 entrants over the year in the monthly competitions (across all the categories), my images came in the TOP THREE in Fashion & Beauty and Pictorial (see above). I didn't win either first prize, but was absolutely to delighted to see my images on the big screen, and to see them printed in The Societies Collection 2008. Not bad for a wee girl from Peterheid! :-)